Changes to your enrolment

As part of your ongoing enrolment in your course, you may need to vary your enrolment. All changes to your enrolment can now be completed via Sydney Student Portal>My Studies.

Enrolment Variation

Changes requested after the census dates will not be approved without academic penalty unless special circumstances apply. Such circumstances will, in all cases, be events considered beyond the control of the student. While you may vary enrolment after the census date, you may still incur academic or financial penalty. If you are claiming special circumstances, you must provide supporting documentation at the time of your request.

If you withdraw from a unit of study before the census date (end of March for semester 1 and end of August for semester 2) you will not incur any academic or financial penalty.

Note: Students will not be able to withdraw all units of study unless they suspend or discontinue their course.

Students will not be permitted to enrol in more than 30 credit points in any one semester, except with the permission from your Course Director. All other enrolment restrictions are as defined by the Coursework Rule.

Changing Courses

The Faculty does not permit internal course transfers from one undergraduate degree to another.

Domestic Students
All domestic students who wish to change from one course to another, will need to apply online through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) in August to September for undergraduate courses and September to October for postgraduate courses.

International Students
All International students, including those who entered the university through UAC, need to contact the International Student Office for further advice. For more information on International enrolment changes.

Allowable Course Variations

  • Changing enrolment from Honours to Pass degree.
  • Changing enrolment from combined to a single degree.
  • Articulate or exit with a lower award (Postgraduate only)

Note: Students should discuss with the relevant Course Director or Honours Co ordinator before requesting course transfer via Sydney Student Portal>My Studies.