What does the program involves for mentors?
For senior students joining the Belong@FHS mentoring program is a chance to be supported and provide support; to create that community that makes university life much more exciting. In creating a supportive environment for your peers, mentors also create one for themselves.
Training to become a mentor
All mentors will be required to participate in online training and attend a training day (on either the 14 or 20 February 2013). Bachelor of Health Sciences mentors will also be required to attend an Amazing Race Camperdown Campus tour on Tuesday 26 February 2013).
The mentoring program itself, will involve providing support through face-to-face and online discussions. There are set discussion topics that have been identified by current students as important for first years. These include clinical placement, majors (for BHlthSci students) and understanding assessments at a university level. Further information will be provided at the training days.
Can I join with a friend?
YES! Friends can pair up as a mentoring team. When you apply to become a mentor, create a password that only you and your friend know. Both mentors should enter this password in the application form and you will be allocated to the same mentoring team. If you are awesomely individual and don't have a partner, type in this secret passcode: BRILLIANT2013 (not case sensitive). You will be paired with another awesome individual.
Who can be a mentor?
Mentors are second, third and fourth/Honours students enrolled with the Faculty of Health Sciences. Mentors will be:
2013 second, third and Honours year students enrolled in:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) / Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise Physiology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (MRS) Diagnostic Radiography
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
2013 third and fourth year students enrolled in:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology)
Who are the Mentees?
Mentees will be first year students enrolling in an undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Health Sciences in 2013.
Mentors Apply Now
If you have any questions, please email: