Overseas registration process
If you are a graduate seeking registration outside Australia, there are a number of steps you need to take.
- Contact the Program Administrator for your degree through the enquiry email listed below for information regarding the application process.
- Occupational Therapy:
- Medical Radiation Sciences:
- Speech Pathology:
- Contact the relevant overseas registration board and request the appropriate forms be sent either to yourself or the Program Administrator for your degree.
- You should organise your paperwork before you leave Australia. You are easier to contact while you are still in Australia. However, if you have to leave the country while your application is being processed, please inform the Program Administrator as soon as possible, and provide your overseas contact details. The University accepts no responsibility for any expenses incurred during the waiting period.
The University will only release information to the Alumnus or the registration body with the authorisation of the alumnus. You will need to provide a certified copy of your driver’s license, proof of ID card or passport before your application can be finalised. If you have changed your name since graduation, you will also need to provide a certified copy of your change of name documentation.
Time for approval
Provided that the relevant paperwork and processing fee has been submitted, your application and the information supplied by the faculty will be forwarded within 6 weeks. You will be notified when your application has been processed.
Applications will usually take 6 weeks to be processed by the Faculty. If you have not been notified within this period that your application has been processed, please contact the Faculty to check on the progress of your application.
A standard fee of $132 (incl. GST) is charged for all applications. The fee payment covers:
- 2 x copies of your academic transcript
clinical placement information
- course information according to the requirements of the overseas registering body
Online credit card payments can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners cards. The Program Administrator for your degree will advise you of how to complete your online payment.
Applications will not be processed until your payment is verified by the Cashier's Office of the University of Sydney.