Ageing, Disability and Home Care Scholarships
The scholarships are a new venture resulting from a partnership between the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Western Region of Ageing, Disability and Homecare (ADHC).
Established in 2009, the scholarships are offered to assist with the costs for final year students in the disciplines of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology undertaking clinical placement in the western region of NSW.
- Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) Scholarships shall be open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
- The scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to rural practice and working in the area of intellectual disabilities.
- The successful applicant's contact details will be provided to Ageing, disability and Home Care. The student will be given the opportunity to undertake one of their final practicums through ADHC in the western region of NSW.
- ADHC Scholarships are open to students who are enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Applied Science or Graduate Entry Masters (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology) course offered in the Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Sydney.
- There are three scholarships. Each scholarship is valued at $3000 and for one year only, will be available for one successful applicant from each of the disciplines of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate students in the third year of their course for use in the fourth year of their studies or Graduate Entry Masters students in the first year of their course for use in the second year of their studies.
- Applicants are required to complete a 1500 word expression of interest detailing their understanding and experience of rural life, rural practice and disabilities, and why they are interested in these issues.
- A committee appointed by the Faculty of Health Sciences plus a staff member from ADHC will determine the award winners. The judging committee's decision will be final.
There will be one scholarship awarded in each of the disciplines of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology. Each scholarship is valued at $3000 and is for one year only.
How to apply
Submit a 1500 word expression of interest to .
Executive Support Officer – Prizes and Scholarships