The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships
|Applications Open||Applications Close|
|Monday 3 August 2015||Friday 4 September 2015|
The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships are established in the Faculty of Health Sciences from the bequest of the late Lola Rachel Maude Douglas.
The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarship in Health Sciences are awarded to students exhibiting outstanding academic performance in the undergraduate honours degrees of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships shall be open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
- The Scholarships are available to the four year integrated undergraduate degrees offered in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The degrees include Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology).
- Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology students must be currently enrolled full-time in the third year of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology) Honours course and must continue to be enrolled full-time and complete the final honours year in the following academic year.
- Students who are recipients of University of Sydney Outstanding Achievement Scholarship or University of Sydney Scholarship for School Leavers (Merit Award) or current holders of a scholarship with a value of $6000 or above are not eligible to be considered.
- Recipients of the Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships are not eligible to be considered for the University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize.
- The value of the scholarships may vary each year. It is anticipated that the value will be in the range of $12,000 to $13,000, depending on the allocation of trust funds each year.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships will be paid in two equal instalments in late May and late September.
How to apply-Please address each item below
- Research summary/proposal outlining your area of research
- A description of the potential impact of your honours research
- What you hope to gain from completing your honours degree
- How you will use the scholarship funds to assist completion of your honours degree
Applications must be contained to a maximum of five A4 pages. Send applications to
Executive Support Project Officer - Prizes and Scholarships