The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships
The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships are established in the Faculty of Health Sciences from the bequest of the late Lola Rachel Maude Douglas.
Applications for the 2015 NOW OPEN for OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY and SPEECH PATHOLOGY students!
Applications will close at 9:00am on Monday 22 September 2014. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships in Health Sciences are awarded to students exhibiting outstanding academic performance in the undergraduate honours degrees of occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships shall be open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
- The Scholarships are available to the four year integrated undergraduate degrees offered in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The degrees include Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology).
- Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology students must be currently enrolled full-time in the third year of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology) Honours course and must continue to be enrolled full-time and complete the final honours year in the following academic year.
- Physiotherapy students must be currently enrolled full-time in the fourth year of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) Honours course and must continue to be enrolled full-time and complete the Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) Honours course in the current academic year.
- Students who are recipients of University of Sydney Outstanding Achievement Scholarship or University of Sydney Scholarship for School Leavers (Merit Award) or current holders of a scholarship with a value of $6000 or above are not eligible to be considered.
- Recipients of the Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships are not eligible to be considered for the University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize.
- The value of the scholarships may vary each year. It is anticipated that the value will be in the range of $6000 to $10000, depending on the allocation of trust funds each year.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences Douglas and Lola Douglas Scholarships will be paid in two equal instalments in May and late September for Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology, one instalment for Physiotherapy, subject to continued full-time enrolment and maintaining excellent academic progress.
How to apply
- Research summary/proposal outlining your area of research, and
- A description of the potential impact of your honours research
- What you hope to gain from completing your honours degree
- How you will use the scholarship funds to assist completion of your honours degree
Applications must be contained to a maximum of two A4 pages and must be accompanied by a letter of support from your research supervisor. Send applications to
Executive Support Officer - Prizes and Scholarships