HIMAA NSW PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENT - 16 March 2015
Venue: The Auditorium, Westmead Hospital
Corner Darcy and Hawkesbury Roads, Westmead (entry via Main Reception)
Presentation and Speakers
- From Clinical Coding to a National Efficient Price
Joanne Fitzgerald, Director, Classification and Coding Standards, Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- Claims, Contracts, Clinical Notes and Consent
Elizabeth Bush, Medico Legal Manager, Sydney Adventist Hospital
- What Difference does Clinical Coding Make?
Mary Shlager and Joanne Micallef, Coding Auditors, Central Coast Local Health District
- What to expect in the 9th Edition of ICD10-AM/ACHI/ACS.
Anne Elsworthy, Classification Support Manager, National Centre for Classification in Health
In addition to these contemporary topics, there will be the opportunity for two medical record site visits at Westmead - Westmead Hospital and the Sydney Children's Hospital Network. The visit includes a visit to the new Medical Record Department of the SCHN with state-of-the-art scanning systems.
Cost (includes Morning tea)
- HIMAA Members $250.00
- Non-members $325.00
- HIM/Coding Students $100.00
Activity Based Funding Conference 2015 - 27-29 May
Conference Venue: Adelaide Convention Centre
The conference will focus on the broader aspects of Activity Based Funding (ABF) to promote discussion around driving transparency and efficiency in Australian hospitals. Abstract presenters are encouraged to provide case studies that demonstrate how they are using ABF for more than funding and attendees will be encouraged to think about the wider implications of ABF data use in Australian hospitals.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts on one of the following topics by 20 March 2015:
- Activity Based Funding management
- Using Activity Based Funding to drive efficiency
- Costing issues at the hospital level
- Embedding Activity Based Funding locally
- Developments in classifications
- Coding and documentation improvement projects
- Other Activity Based Funding related topics.
The full program is available on the conference website: www.abfconference.com.au.
Registrations and the call for abstracts have just launched.
HIMAA-NCCH Conference 2015 - 27-29 October
The conference will take place in Sydney.
Further information will be available soon.