The focus of this research team is on the nature and treatment of communication difficulties in people of all ages.
Members of the team are active in the areas of:
- Early identification and intervention for speech and language delays and disorders
- Motor speech disorders in children and adults
- Literacy development
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Neurological speech, language and swallowing difficulties voice
- Cleft palate
- Hearing loss including cochlear implants
- Aboriginal hearing, speech and language development
The team aims to substantially increase the quality and quantity of research available to practicing clinicians to use in evidence based practice. Members of the research team hold national and international competitive grants and publish regularly in peer reviewed journals.