Ms Jillian Clarke
|Qualifications: MHlthSc(Education) BSc(Hons) (MRS) DMU (Cardiac) ASUM, GradDipAppSc(Ultrasound) RMIT
Jill is an experienced sonographer and educator qualified in General and Cardiac ultrasound with a Masters in Health Science Education, and has been involved in ultrasound education for many years. Currently the Course Director for the Postgraduate Program in Medical Sonography, Jill was appointed Senior Lecturer in 2000 and created the first academic ultrasound program in Australia to combine general, cardiac and vascular ultrasound specialisations and the first Masters level program in sonography. She has taught courses in all aspects of the postgraduate ultrasound course, introductory sonography to undergraduate medical radiation science students, and other postgraduate courses including ultrasound for physiotherapists. Jill has been closely involved with the profession, with voluntary contributions as Chair of the DMU Board of Examiners for the Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine and invited presentations for the Australian Sonographers Association.
Just as ultrasound imaging has vast applications across clinical practice and research, Jill enjoys undertaking a diverse range research interests including Assessment in Higher Education, in which she is currently undertaking a PhD; Sonographer Role Extension and Physiotherapy research. Jill's current research students are involved in obstetric, cardiac and vascular research, sonographer practitioner research and physiotherapy research.
Teaching and Service Responsibilities
Coordination of Sonography Course with special interests in Abdominal, Cardiac and Vascular Sonography, Role Expansion for Sonographers and teaching anatomy utilising ultrasound
- Diong J, Herbert RD, Harvey LA, Kwah LK, Clarke JL, Bilston LE and Gandevia SC. Gastrocnemius muscle contracture after spinal cord injury – a longitudinal study. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (In press), accepted 2 August 2012.
- Diong JHL., Herbert RD., Harvey LA., Kwah LK., Clarke JL., Hoang PD., Martin JH., Clarke EC., Bilston LE. & Gandevia SC. (2012). Passive mechanical properties of the gastrocnemius after spinal cord injury. Muscle & Nerve, 46(2), 237-245.
- Diong J., Herbert RD., Kwah LK., Clarke JL., & Harvey LA (2012) Mechanisms of increased passive compliance of hamstring muscle-tendon units after spinal cord injury. Clinical Biomechanics. (In press) accepted 9th July 2012.
- Kwah LK., Herbert RD., Harvey LA., Diong J., Clarke JL., Martin JH., Clarke, EC., Hoang, PD., Bilston LE & Gandevia SC. (2012). Passive Mechanical Properties of Gastrocnemius Muscles of People With Ankle Contracture After Stroke. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 93(7), 1185-1190.
- Stoodley PW, Richards DAB., Boyd A., Hui R., Harnett PR., Meikle SR., Clarke JL. & Thomas L. (2012). Altered left ventricular longitudinal diastolic function correlates with reduced systolic function immediately after anthracycline chemotherapy. European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Imaging. Published online July 10, 2012.
- Stoodley P., Tanous D., Richards D., Meikle S., Clarke J., Hui R., Thomas L.(2012) Trastuzumab-Induced Cardiotoxicity: The Role of Two-Dimensional Myocardial Strain Imaging in Diagnosis and Management. Echocardiography, 29:E137-E140