Yooroang Garang: Indigenous Student Support Unit Management Committee
In September 2008 a Yooroang Garang Indigenous Student Support Unit Management Committee was formed to provide advice for the staff of Yooroang Garang and the Faculty. The committee includes staff members from the University and Faculty, a current Indigenous student, a graduate as well as representatives from the NSW Department of Education, NSW Indigenous Health Indigenous, the Aboriginal Education Consultative Group, Tharawal community and Directors of an Indigenous support units from an Australian and a New Zealand University.
The proposed terms of reference for the committee are as follows:
The Yooroang Garang management committee will:
- provide advice about the design of Indigenous student recruitment programs
- provide advice about the design of Indigenous student support programs
- provide advice about the design of programs to retain connections with Indigenous graduates of the Faculty.
- provide advice about the programs to foster productive links between YG and Indigenous Communities
- provide advice about the design of programs which foster productive links between YG and organisations which deliver health, education and welfare services to Indigenous Australians
- devise a strategic plan for YG which includes goals, KPIs and timelines.
- advise about resources that could be marshalled to support YGs goals.