University Health Service
The University Health Service offers, experienced general practitioner and emergency medical care services to all members of the University community: students (undergraduate and post graduate), staff, families, friends, visitors, employees or other organisations on campus and former students and staff.
Services provided at the University Health Service include
- Treatment of illness, injury, & other physical problems
- Assistance with emotional & personal difficulties
- Women’s Health: gynaecological & breast examinations, pap smears (& optional enrolment in reminder programs), pregnancy, ante-natal care, advice on terminations
- Advice on contraception & sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS
- Routine medical examinations & health checks (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)
- Sports Medicine: treatment of injuries, referral to physiotherapy & specialists
- Pathology testing, including blood tests
- Travel Medicine: advice & immunization, including for Yellow Fever
- Advice & immunisation for students undertaking courses of study associated with health risks
- Advice & assistance for students with examination difficulties
- Special arrangements for students with disabilities
- Referral to specialists & X-ray services
- Recreational & Occupational Diving Medicals
Opening hours at Wentworth Building & Holme Building
Both surgeries are open from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30pm during the teaching year.
See our summer hours for the month of January.
No services are offered during the University's Christmas and New Year break.
Holme Building Surgery
Occasionally for operational reasons the Home Building surgery may be closed for the day.
This site is designed to provide information about health services at the University of Sydney and is for educational purposes only. Its contents are not intended to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease.
See a registered medical practitioner for specific medical advice and assistance.