University Health Service

The University Health Service offers experienced general practitioner and emergency medical care services to all members of the University community: current students (undergraduate and postgraduate), staff and their families and employees of other organisations working on campus.

Services provided at the University Health Service include

  • Treatment of illness, injury, & other physical problems
  • Assistance with emotional & personal difficulties
  • Women’s Health: gynaecological & breast examinations, pap smears (& optional enrolment in reminder programs), pregnancy, ante-natal care, advice on terminations
  • Advice on contraception & sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS
  • Routine medical examinations & health checks (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)
  • Sports Medicine: treatment of injuries, referral to physiotherapy & specialists
  • Referral for pathology testing, including blood tests
  • Travel Medicine: advice & immunisation, including Yellow Fever
  • Advice & immunisation for students undertaking courses of study associated with health risks
  • Advice & assistance for students with examination difficulties, including referral to Disability Services
  • Special arrangements for students with disabilities
  • Referral to specialists & X-ray services
  • Recreational & Occupational Diving Medicals

Opening hours

The Clinic is open from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.30 am and 5.30pm during the teaching year.

See our summer hours for the month of January.

The University Health Services will be closed to patients from 3pm on Thursday 1st February. If you wish to make an appointment please book online.

The Health Service will re-open on Friday 2nd February at 8.30am.

No services are offered during the University's Christmas and New Year break.


This site is designed to provide information about health services at the University of Sydney and is for educational purposes only. Its contents are not intended to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease.

See a registered medical practitioner for specific medical advice and assistance.