EchoSystem is the automated lecture recording and uploading tool that has replaced Lectopia. It's been installed in over 100 university venues and is designed to record lectures up to three hours long. EchoSystem records the projected image displayed on the lecturer's left hand screen. This includes the lectern computer, laptop or visualiser. It also records the lapel microphone audio so it's important that you speak clearly and clip the mic high on your top.
Note: Only staff members can book a lecture recording. Students do not have access to the lecture booking system.
Please refer to our AV Help Videos for operational instructions on our AV tools and systems.
How to Book EchoSystem
- Confirm that your lecture is being held in an enabled venue
- Check that the venue has been booked for your unit of study.
- Complete the lecture recording booking form
Note: Please book your lecture recording at least two weeks before the start of semester.
- If you require help please email or call ICT AV Services on 93516000 (x16000 option 2).
- You will receive a confirmation email when your booking request has been approved. Please ensure it has the correct date, time and room. To request any changes to your booking reply to that email or contact
Conditions of Use
- ICT does not guarantee that access to the Lecture Recording and Streaming Service will be uninterrupted. You acknowledge that the Lecture Recording and Streaming Service may be affected by outages, faults or delays. This may include (but is not limited to) technical difficulties with the computer components of the system.
- You are responsible for obtaining appropriate permission for all material delivered by the service. This includes copyright clearance.
- You acknowledge that you are providing the Lecture Recording and Streaming team with permission to record all lecturers who speak during the requested recording times.
- You acknowledge that any changes requested by you to your initial booking may not be possible unless two working days notice is provided.