Connecting the VPN using Windows
This guide shows you how to set up a Windows PC to access the University's network off-campus
To set up VPN on your computer, you need to:
After you install the VPN client for the first time, it should launch automatically. To launch it again, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start menu
- Click All program
- Click Cisco
- Click Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Type vpn.usyd.edu.au in the Connect to: field
- In the Group field drop down menu, select the off-campus profile
- In the Username: field type your UniKey
- In the Password: field type your UniKey password
- Click Connect
When you have successfully launched the VPN client this icon will be displayed in the bottom of the screen:
You should now be able to access the University network whilst off-campus.
To find out more about VPN connections, please see the Ask Sydney- ICT website.