How do I access the Orange HPC facility on an ad-hoc basis?
To access the Orange High Performance Computing (HPC) facility on an ad-hoc basis, you must make a request through Intersect. To help you through the process of making a request, we’ve devised the following guide.
Requesting access is part of a three step process:
- Register an account with National Computational Infrastructure (NCI)
- Complete the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) user connection to an existing project form
To get started you will need to register an account with the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI). You only have to do this once; skip directly to step two if you already have an account.
- Go to the new user application form.
- Complete the Details of Researcher form.
- Select Submit to Register to submit the form.
Once submitted, you will receive confirmation that your NCI account has been created. Make sure you remember your person ID number as you’ll need this later on and to access other services offered through NCI.
Note:If you intend to use the Orange HPC service collaboratively, your colleagues must also complete this user registration.
Step 2: Complete the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) user connection to an existing project form
- Go to the NCI user connection to an existing project form. It should look like the below:
- Enter the following information:
- Click Submit to Connect Researcher to Existing Project to complete your submission.
Existing Identity: Your person ID number (this is the ID provided to you at the end of Step 1).
Connect User on System: YES
Researcher Role: Researcher
Surname: Your surname
Your request for Orange ad-hoc usage has now been submitted