An alternative to installing apps on your computer is the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) service, which allows you to run specialist apps from your device both on and off campus using an online connection.
These apps are accessed by Citrix Receiver and are run online, and therefore only need a reliable internet connection.
- ArcGIS suite
- Eclipse Classic
- Eclipse for Java
- SPSS Statistics
To get started, all you need is to download the Citrix Receiver.
Windows and Mac OS X
Note: Citrix Receiver is not available on Windows 8 or 8.1.
- Download and install the Citrix Receiver for Windows or Mac OS X
- Visit the Citrix Receiver site
- Log on with your UniKey credentials
A list of available apps will appear, which you may then open.
iPads and Android tablets
- Download the Citrix Receiver app from your device’s app store
- Open the Citrix Receiver app and fill in the following before saving:
- Address: https://vdi.ucc.sydney.edu.au
Description: Usyd Online Software
Username: your UniKey
Password: your UniKey password
Security Token: off