How can I access GRASP?
- Log in to a computer using your UniKey and password
- Browse to Start menu
- Select the GRASP program
- You will see a prompt screen indicating that Drive U: is mapping to \\study.sydney.edu.au\space
- Once the prompt screen has disappeared, click Start. Then click Computer and you will see the SPACE (\\study.sydney.edu.au) (U:) drive under Network Location
- Log into a computer using your UniKey and password
- Click on Applications
- Click on the GRASP icon
- The network will be automatically mapped
- SPACE drive will automatically appear on the computer screen
NOTE: To connect to the SPACE network drive outside of the University's network (i.e. off campus), you will need to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before following the instructions below.
- Open any folder on your computer. Select Map Network Drive from the Tools menu at the top of the folder. A dialog box will appear.
- Click any drive letter you like from the Drive dop-box. Where it says folder please insert the following text: \\study.sydney.edu.au\space
- Tick the Reconnect at logon checkbox.
- Click the different user name text in the line Connecting using a different user name. Another dialog box will appear.
- Enter shared\your UniKey in the username field and your UniKey password in the password field. For example, shared\abcd1234. Click OK to return to the first dialog box.
- Click the Finish button. A dialog box will disappear and the networked folder should appear, showing the subfolders that users have permission to.
- From Finder, select Connect to Server from the Go menu. A dialog box will appear.
- In the text box at the top, type in the following text: smb://study.sydney.edu.au/space
- Click the + button to add this entry to the list for quick 'reuse' in the future.
- Click the Connect button. Another dialog box should appear. Enter the following information:
Username: your UniKey
Password: your UniKey password
- You may wish to tick the Add to Keychain checkbox for easier use in the future.
- Click OK. The folder should open and be accessible from the desktop with a disk-style icon.
**Naming convention guidelines for assignment submission:
UniKey_Name_Lastname_Unit of Study (e.g. jdoe1234_John_Doe_ARTS1001.doc)
This is to ensure that all file names are unique and that no documents are overwritten.