Students can now print directly from their own laptops using the wireless printing service. So there's no need to queue up for free computer to print your assignments anymore!
Windows 7 or above
- Download and select Save ict-wireless-printing-pc.msi.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click "ict-wireless-printing-pc.msi" to prepare the installer.
- Once the setup files are prepared, double-click the icon Setup_ICT-Wireless-Printers on your desktop to complete the installation. Note: Click 'Yes' to allow the installation, if prompted.
Mac OS 10.7 or above
- Download and Save ict-wireless-printing-mac.dmg to your desktop.
- Double-click the .dmg file which will mount a virtual drive called "ict-wireless-printing-mac" on your desktop.
- Inside the virtual disk, right-click on ict-wireless-printing-mac.mpkg, then select Open to start the install process. Note: You will be prompted to enter your computer login and password.
How to use wireless printing
- Make sure your laptop is connected to the UniSydney wireless network. Note: Your printing account may take up to 1 minute to connect.
- Check your printing account balance at sydney.edu.au/ict/print.
- Send the 'Print' command from your laptop and use the pull-down menu at the top of the Print dialog box to select the appropriate printer.
- Select ICT Wireless Printer - BW to print in black and white.
- Select ICT Wireless Printer - Colour to print in colour.
- Wait for the confirmation box on your laptop to appear and then enter your Unikey and password.
- Log in to the ICT Print Release Station located next to the printer to confirm the documents you wish to print.