Sydney Mobile is a scaled down version of some of the key elements of the University website which is clean, easy to navigate and is very ‘smart phone’ friendly. The site gives you access to the University library catalogue, campus maps, the staff directory and the latest news from the palm of your hand.
The Sydney Mobile URL is m.sydney.edu.au and is accessible from most smart phones, so long as you have an Internet connection.
Using Sydney Mobile
- How do I access Sydney Mobile?
- How do I browse the Library catalogue?
- How do I view maps, parking and public transport?
- How do I access the latest news, events and newsletters?
- How do I search the University staff directory?
- How do I bookmark Sydney Mobile on my iPhone browser?
- Open your mobile phone browser
- Locate the address bar and type in the Sydney Mobile URL: m.sydney.edu.au. Press GO or Go to (this action varies, depending on your phone model)
- The Sydney Mobile landing page should appear
To search the University of Sydney Library catalogue using your iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- From the Sydney Mobile main page select Library
- Select Search Library resources.
- Select the text box and type the text you want to search, for example "Australian endangered mammals". Press Search Library.The results of your search will appear.
- If you want more information about the resource, press the title.
- Enter your UniKey and password if prompted.
- Pinch out with your finger tips zoom in to the web page.
To view University maps on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- From the Sydney Mobile main page select Getting here.
- Select the campus you would like to view
- Select the type of map you would like to view.
- The map will then appear on your screen
- When the map you require appears, pinch out with your finger tips to zoom in to the web page.
- Select What's On from the Sydney Mobile home page.
- Select the cateogry of news you want to read:
* Latest News
* At Sydney
* Important Dates
To search the University staff directory with Sydney Mobile, follow the steps below:
- Select Staff Finder from the main page of Sydney Mobile.
- Enter the name of the person you wish to search for. You can enter an asterisk (*) as a wild card if you are unsure of how to spell their name.
- Press Go.
- The search results will appear.
- Press +more to view more contact details.
- To make a call, select the phone number. The option to make a telephone call to this number will appear.
- Press Call.
- Navigate to the Sydney Mobile homepage
- Press the + symbol which is located in the center of tool bar on the bottom of your browser screen.
- Press Add bookmark. The bookmark options will appear.
- Select Done.