Connecting to the VPN using a Mac
After you install the VPN client for the first time, it should launch automatically. To launch it again, follow the steps below:
- Go to Finder
- Click Applications
- Click Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Type vpn.usyd.edu.au is in the Connect to: field
- In the Group field drop down menu, select the off-campus profile
- In the Username: field type your UniKey
- In the Password: field type your UniKey password
- Click Connect
When you have successfully launched the VPN client this icon will be displayed in the top of the screen:
You should now have access to the University network whilst off-campus.
To find out more about VPN connections, please see the Ask Sydney- ICT website.