Submissions & presentations
The following categories of submissions are included in the conference:
- Abstract only: A maximum of 200 words. These satisfy the Australian DEEWR publication category E2.
- Non refereed paper: Full article submission, including an abstract of no more than 200 words and length of 3-4 pages. These satisfy the Australian DEEWR publication category E2.
- Refereed paper: Full article submission, including an abstract of no more than 200 words and length of 5-6 pages. These are fully peer-reviewed according to the Australian DEEWR publication category E1.
- Ideas Exchange (Roundtable/ nuts and bolts): Provides an opportunity to road test your "nuts and bolts", work in progress, or new ideas yet to be tried, with colleagues in the field. Please use the Ideas Exchange template (doc) for this submission.
The submission process is fully online and now open here. The proceedings will be published in an Open Access Journal. Authors will need to sign a Copyright Release Form taking responsibility for the content and associated ethics, and giving permission for The Open Journal System to publish all submissions (Abstracts, Full papers, Ideas Exchange).
Editorial and review processes
Abstract only, non-refereed paper and ideas exchange submissions will be subject to review by the Editorial Board/Program Committee.
Refereed paper submissions will be subject to the full peer-review process according to the following criteria, as appropriate to individual submissions.
- Clarity of goals
- Quality and consistency of literature review
- Adequacy of the method and data analysis
- Presentation and interpretation of findings, inferences and conclusions
- Inclusion of appropriate implications
- Standard of writing including grammar, writing style and clarity of ideas
If appropriate changes are implemented, the work will be published as part of the Conference Proceedings. In some cases, refereed paper submissions maybe published as non refereed papers. A selection of papers will be invited to be further developed and submitted for publication in the International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education (IJISME).
Assignment of presentation type
The Program Committee determined whether authors are offered an oral or a poster presentation. This determination aimed to ensure a balance of papers that address the conference theme and are from across disciplines. The intent is to deliver a conference that has wide appeal.
Ideas Exchange presenters will need to bring 50 copies of the template to handout for distribution.