IISME provides leadership in the areas of:
- institutional collaborative networks for science and mathematics education
- associations with state and national units
- partnerships in the Asia Paciﬁc region and with international
Government and the national curricula
Part of IISME's work towards revitalising mathematics and science education involves ensuring innovation at the research level translates to benefits in the classroom. This involves facilitating communication with policymakers and providing input towards the national curricula in science and mathematics. A series of workshops have been held on the National Science Curriculum and regarding the draft Australian K-10 and Senior Science and Mathematics curricula. Responses have been forwarded to ACARA and copies of these responses are included below. We look forward to ongoing developments in this area.
- K-10 Science (pdf 107kB)
- K-10 Mathematics (pdf 96kb)
- Senior Biology (pdf 143kB)
- Senior Chemistry (pdf 157kB)
- Senior Earth and Environmental Science (pdf 133kB)
- Senior Physics (pdf 137kB)
- Senior Mathematics (pdf 140kB)
- Overall response for Senior Science (pdf 164kB)
IISME director, Associate Professor Manjula Sharma was invited to participate in Science meets Parliament, a series of meetings and events in Canberra which allow scientists unparalleled opportunities to witness national decision making and to inform this process on important scientific issues.