IISME is committed to improving communication and opportunities relating to science and mathematics for the general public. We work to spread knowledge and enthusiasm about scientific ideas through communication channels such as informal educational settings like museums, and with the support of our professional science communicator staff in the Faculties of Science and Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.
- School of Biological Sciences – Dr Cecily Oakley
- School of Chemistry – Dr Jeanette Hurst
- School of Geosciences – Nikki Montenegro
- School of Physics – Dr Philip Dooley and Ms Lara Davis
- Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources – Dr Lucy Buxton and Ms Kerry Bell
In areas where there are no Science Communicators employed, other staff within the Schools work closely with the Faculty’s marketing communication and outreach program to provide additional outreach opportunities. Dr Karl Kruszelnicki (our Julius Sumner Miller Fellow) and Dr Clio Cresswell (lecturer from the School of Mathematics and Statistics) are also very active in the communication and outreach areas.