29 August, 2014
The first History and Philosophy of Science (HPS) Sydney Winter International Graduate School (SWIGS) welcomed 12 local and international graduate students to its inaugural program last week.
25 August, 2014
The University of Sydney announces a special evening to celebrate the life and music of Peter Sculthorpe AO OBE, Australia's most revered composer of the 20th century. The free public performance will be presented by Sydney Conservatorium of Music and its students on Saturday 25 October 2014 from 7pm.
20 August, 2014
It's time to challenge some of the myths about how children learn to read and write. Read the op-ed co-written by Professor Robyn Ewing (pictured).
2014 news releases
- Study to look at link between pet abuse and domestic violence (18 August)
- A Great Australian Composer and National Treasure: Peter Sculthorpe 1929-2014 (08 August)
- More to an image than meets the eye (30 July)
- How fussy pandas maintain a balanced bamboo diet (22 July)
- Mysterious dance of dwarfs may force a cosmic rethink (18 July)
- Jonny Niesche wins SCA's top art prize (10 July)
- French students bound for Sydney under dual degree pilot (09 July)
- The Image in Question - an international arts conference in Sydney (08 July)
- Returned portrait sheds light on forgotten sexologist (03 July)
- Tin Sheds shows China's pioneering conservation work (02 July)
- Brewing a stronger partnership (30 June)
- Egyptian-based academic reacts to Australian journalist Peter Greste's sentencing in Egypt (24 June)
- Obama administration education advisor shares insights (23 June)
- Explaining Egypt's place in a changing Arab world (20 June)
- Long overdue rights for domestic workers (18 June)