20 August, 2014
It's time to challenge some of the myths about how children learn to read and write. Read the op-ed co-written by Professor Robyn Ewing (pictured).
18 August, 2014
Dr Lydia Tong, a veterinary scientist from the University of Sydney has produced a means for vets to spot the deliberate abuse of dogs and will now at connections between abuse of pets and domestic violence.
08 August, 2014
Peter Sculthorpe, Emeritus Professor of Composition at the University of Sydney, Australia's most significant composer, passed away in Sydney at the age of 85.
2014 news releases
- More to an image than meets the eye (30 July)
- How fussy pandas maintain a balanced bamboo diet (22 July)
- Mysterious dance of dwarfs may force a cosmic rethink (18 July)
- Jonny Niesche wins SCA's top art prize (10 July)
- French students bound for Sydney under dual degree pilot (09 July)
- The Image in Question - an international arts conference in Sydney (08 July)
- Returned portrait sheds light on forgotten sexologist (03 July)
- Tin Sheds shows China's pioneering conservation work (02 July)
- Brewing a stronger partnership (30 June)
- Egyptian-based academic reacts to Australian journalist Peter Greste's sentencing in Egypt (24 June)
- Obama administration education advisor shares insights (23 June)
- Explaining Egypt's place in a changing Arab world (20 June)
- Long overdue rights for domestic workers (18 June)
- Catching Particle Fever: the Sydney scientists who helped track down the Higgs boson (13 June)
- Why your brain is the next frontier in economics (12 June)