Scholarships and Fellowships: Pacific

** New Zealand citizens please refer to information for Australian Domestic Students.

Regional Information

Student enrolments by country

Country Student enrolments *
Fiji 12
French Polynesia 3
Kiribati 1
New Caledonia 3
Papua New Guinea 17
Samoa 2
Solomon Islands 3
Tonga 4
Vanuatu 3

* Student enrolments as of 31 March 2011.


These PDF files provide information on some of the international scholarship opportunities available for students travelling to and from the Pacific region.

Inbound charts list opportunities for international students travelling to Australia.
Outbound charts list opportunities for Australian domestic students travelling overseas.

Fiji Fiji PDF Inbound (PDF, 120 kB)  
Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea PDF Inbound (PDF, 125 kB) PDF 
Samoa Samoa PDF Inbound (PDF, 117 kB) PDF 
Tonga Tonga PDF Inbound (PDF, 122 kB)  

Applying to the University of Sydney

For many scholarships, applicants must first obtain an offer of admission to their chosen academic programme.

> Find a course

Application procedures and entry requirements:

> International Undergraduate
> International Postgraduate Coursework
> International Postgraduate Research

PhD applicants should first contact a research supervisor.

English Language Proficiency Requirements

International students must meet the University of Sydney’s English language proficiency requirements. English proficiency is determined by the result of an IELTS or TOEFL test, or by previous tertiary study in English.

> English language proficiency requirements (PDF)

The University of Sydney’s Centre for English Teaching (CET) offers high quality English language programmes, including academic English.

> Centre for English Teaching

Australian Student Visas

Most international students require a valid student visa for study in Australia. For information on Australian student visa options, please visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.

> Student visas (Department of Immigration and Citizenship)

Agents in the Pacific

The University of Sydney is represented by several education agents overseas. Potential international students may contact our agent representatives for information about the university and our academic programmes, or to lodge an application.

> Find an agent in your country


> International Student Office