International House Guidelines
Harassment & Discrimination
Harassment & discrimination have no place in International House.
Click here to view the International House Harassment & Discrimination Guidelines.
Click here to view the process for reporting a complaint of harassment or discrimination.
Student Grievances & Disputes
International House Policy on Alcohol and Appropriate Behaviour
The University’s Policy and Guidelines on Consumption of Alcohol apply to International House. This policy is available online at: University's Policy and Guidelines on Consumption of Alcohol and the University's Liquor Accord.
In addition, International House requires all residents to conduct themselves within the House in a manner which:
- is not threatening or abusive to other people or property;
- does not interfere with the ability of other residents to study, sleep or enjoy the amenity of the House; and does not in any way diminish or threaten the physical safety of the House or of any person in the House.
Smoking is not permitted in any rooms or public areas.
Please read International House's Smoking Guidelines carefully. Click here to view these guidelines.
An offer to International House after the conclusion of your residential agreement is not automatic.
Please carefully read the guidelines for how to re-apply to International House. These guidelines are available here.
International House Election of Fellows
Below is the policy for the nomination and election of International House Fellows.
1. Persons eligible for appointment are those who have already made an outstanding contribution to the House.
2. The number of Fellows will be limited to 40 or as determined from time to time by the Council.
3. A Fellowship is held for life or until it is resigned.
4. Council will offer a Fellowship, recommendations being called for annually and submitted to Council by a panel of three Councillors.
5. Fellows will not be ex-officio members of Council, but a person may be both a Councillor and a Fellow.
6. A certificate will be presented to each Fellow.