Take our virtual tour.
The majority of residents occupy single-study bedrooms with communal bathroom facilities, but there are other types of rooms available. All these rooms are fully catered and include 3 meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner, which are served in the Dining Room.
There are 4 types of catered rooms, they are:
- 15 Twin share rooms to be shared by either two males or two females. Room consist of two single beds, two wardrobes, two desks, phone, internet connection, communal bathroom facilities.
- 145 Single rooms with a single bed, wardrobe, desk, internet connection and communal bathroom facilities.
- 2 Partial ensuite rooms with a double bed, wardrobe, desk and internet connection. These rooms have a toilet and washbasin facility available inside the room, but no shower.
- 8 Full ensuite rooms with a double bed, wardrobe, desk, internet connection and bar fridge. These rooms have a toilet, washbasin and shower facility inside the room.
- Housekeeping services are provided once a fortnight for all types of catered rooms.
- Internet connection is directly linked to The University of Sydney IT services. For internet account information and access please contact The University of Sydney IT services directly.
- Accommodation rates include, electricity, water and gas consumption.
- There is no discount for meals not taken.
2015 Compulsory Fees (Payable before arrival)
|Application Fee (non-refundable)
|Registration Fee (non-refundable)||$200|
|Yearly Membership of International House Members Association (IHMA)||$210|
|Life Membership of Alumni Association (SUIHAA)||$100|
|Bond Deposit (wholly or partially refundable after departure)||$900|
Semester 1, 2015 - Saturday 21February to Friday 10 July (inclusive) (20 weeks)
Semester 2, 2015 - Saturday 11 July to Friday 27 November (inclusive) (20 weeks)
Accommodation is also available for residents during summer break and should be arranged in advance with the office.
Please note that due to refresh work the building will be closed from Sunday 30th November 2014 to Sunday 15th February 2015.
|New Residents||Returners > 2 Terms||Returners > 4 Terms|
|Room Type||Per Week||Per Semester||Per Week||Per Semester||Per Week||Per Semester|
|Twin Share with shared bathroom||$367||$7,340||$360||$7,200||$355||$7,100|
|Single with shared bathroom||$470||$9,400||$463||$9,260||$458||$9,160|
|C Room - Single with partial ensuite||$485||$9,700||$478||$9,560||$473||$9,460|
|D Room - Single with full ensuite||$495||$9,900||$488||$9,760||$483||$9,660|
These fees are payable 5 working days after commencement of the agreement. For Semester 1, 2015 this will be 26 February 2015.
2015 Optional Fees
|Car Park - Residents and Visitors||$25 per day/ $75 per week then $15 per day thereafter|
|Car Park - Residents on single term agreement only||$200 per 6 months (Jan-Jun or Jul-Dec)|
|Car Park - Residents only||$400 per year|
|Guest Meal Ticket
||$15 per meal|
Please note: All fees (GST inclusive where applicable) are payable in advance.