On 23 October 2012, leading Australian business figure John Grill announced that he had made a landmark personal gift to the University of Sydney.
Since graduating from Sydney with degrees in science and engineering, John Grill’s work on many of the world’s largest mining and infrastructure projects has given him the insight and drive to inspire the next generation of project leaders. His generous donation is supporting the establishment of the John Grill Centre for Project Leadership at the University of Sydney.
The former chief executive of international resources and energy company WorleyParsons made the announcement at a reception in the University's Nicholson Museum, attended by alumni, donors and other friends of the University.
Media coverage of the announcement
- ABC The Business (streaming video, at 17:40 minutes)
- The Australian Old boy gives Sydney Uni 20m for new centre
- The Australian John Grill hands University of Sydney $20 million
- Upstream Grill fires up Oz uni with $20m gift
- Sydney Morning Herald Magnanimous magnate gives $20 million to university
- Sydney University News Record $20m gift to establish new centre for project leadership