The Advisory Board advises the centre on strategic issues and facilitates external engagement relating to the performance and sustainability of the centre. It performs this role by contributing to the strategic management of the centre and by drawing on members' experience in industry for the benefit of the centre. The board will support and further the centre's mission, executive education and linkages with industry and government relevant to the centre.
- Executive Director, John Grill Centre
- Deputy Director (Academic), John Grill Centre
- Provost and DVC, University of Sydney
- External x 8
- The Chair of the Advisory Board is Mr John Grill.
- The 8 external members will have appropriate professional expertise and experience and will be appointed by the centre on the recommendation of the Chair, following consultation with the Management Committee.
- The Board may appoint additional members as required following consultation with the Executive Director.
The Chair of the Board will be responsible for the following duties:
- Partner with the Provost, the Deans (Faculty of Engineering & IT and the Business School) and the Executive Director to achieve the goals of the Centre;
- Provide leadership on the Board, facilitate effective Board activities, help recruit Board members, and assist Board members to understand their role, responsibilities and duties;
- Chair meetings to an agenda agreed with the Executive Director;
- Be an advocate for the Centre and, as much as reasonably possible and within the bounds of conflict of interest, mobilise their network in support of the Centre;
Advisory Board members will:
- Regularly attend meetings, devote appropriate time to supporting the Centre’s activities, utilise their skills, experience and network to support the activities of the Centre
- Be an advocate for the Centre and, as much as reasonably possible and within the bounds of conflict of interest, mobilise their networks in support of the Centre.
Terms of office
The Chair and Board members have terms of office of three years and no member is to serve for more than three consecutive terms.
At any meeting of the Board 5 members shall form a quorum.
The Board meets four times per year (one meeting per quarter).
Secretary to the Board: