Ours is a collaborative model. We are working actively with industry and government to offer cutting-edge executive education, customised in-company programs, thought leadership and innovative research that will improve
This collaboration will span a range of industry and government sectors including infrastructure, energy, aviation, mining, telecommunications, defence, technology, banking and finance.
We have met with more than 50 organisations in the past year to understand their challenges and requirements for improving project delivery, so we can fill this project leadership skills gap. Our consultations identified common themes, which highlighted a need for experiential executive education focused on:
- better oversight and governance over project plans and schedules to correct for optimism bias and narrow considerations of risk
- collaborative engagement with internal and external stakeholders including government, the workforce and the broader community
- leadership practices that communicate strategy effectively and develop the specialist skills and capabilities of individual project team members.
Co-design and co-delivery of the program with industry and government is key to its success. The centre is establishing a Program Advisory Committee comprised of individuals experienced in major project leadership. It will draw on their expertise and professional networks to guide and support the development of the centre’s executive education programs.
The Program Advisory Committee will initially comprise between seven and ten members:
- with direct experience of leading and/or advising on major projects
- that collectively represent a diversity of industry and government sectors
- with experience in evaluating the competencies and performance of senior project personnel and/or providing input into project related curriculum development.
It is planned to form the committee for their first meeting in November 2013.
Our Advisory Board of experienced leaders from both industry and government, will further the centre's mission, executive education and linkages with industry and government. Confirmed Board members include John Grill, Kevin McCann AM, Sir David Higgins, Dr Stuart McGill, John Mulcahy, The Hon Nick Greiner AC, Catherine Livingstone AO and Jim McIlvenny.