Major capital investment outcomes can make or break organisations. Effective governance of major projects is imperative for success, particularly in an uncertain economic environment.
Governing major capital investments create challenges which are distinct from the range of corporate governance issues organisations face. Effective governance requires the accountable executives to have the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure projects reliably create maximum value for your organisation.
Governance of major capital investment - open program
Join our one-day program
- Hear insights from major capital investment experts
- Join an interactive learning experience, with practical information and take-outs
- Share experiences and learn from your peers in a motivated and confidential environment
Who should attend?
Executives accountable for capital investment returns, project governance or sponsorship.
Positions: Chief financial officers, government heads of treasury and finance, chief executive officers, chief development officers, chief project officers, risk management or project development leadership, chief procurement officers, company secretaries, general counsel, heads of government departments and executive level project sponsors.
Industries: Mining, metals, oil and gas, infrastructure, utilities and public-sector infrastructure or utilities.
- Understand what governance of major capital investment is & what it is not
- Discuss characteristics of good governance & what undermines it
- Help you satisfy your shareholder’s or key stakeholder’s expectations by ensuring your organisation has rigorous effective processes for selecting, evaluating & executing major capital investments/projects that deliver promised business outcomes
- Understand why good governance is a pre-requisite to good program &/or portfolio management
- Understand key reasons governance fails and how to address these to make good capital investment decisions
- Be equipped with practical tools to create an effective framework to govern your major capital investments
- Recognise and address sources of risk, uncertainty and decision bias in your capital investments.