Major capital investment outcomes can make or break organisations. Active governance of major projects or investment portfolios is imperative to achieve success.
Governing major capital investments create challenges which are distinct from the range of corporate governance issues organisations face. These unique challenges require a specific set of skills and knowledge to ensure they create value for your organisation, are executed to plan, and returns are reliably maximised.
Governing major capital investments for success - open program
Join our one-day program
- Hear insights from major capital investment experts
- Join an interactive learning experience, with practical information and take-outs
- Share experiences and learn from your peers in a motivated and confidential environment
Who should attend?
This bespoke program is tailored for chief executive officers, heads of government departments, chief financial officers, heads of enterprise portfolio offices, company secretaries, general counsel and other senior business executives involved in governance oversight of major capital investments. Industry sectors including mining, metals, oil and gas, infrastructure, utilities as well as public-sector infrastructure or utilities.
- The critical role of governance in investment portfolio and project decision-making
- Aligning capital investments with strategic objectives and opportunities; and selecting the right project for organisational success
- Establishing a reliable framework for effective decision-making and oversight of your major capital investment portfolio
- Assuring good decision-making in environments of risk and uncertainty.
- Understand key success factors and how to apply these to make good capital investment decisions
- Be equipped with practical tools to create an effective framework to govern your major capital investments
- Recognise and address sources of risk, uncertainty and decision bias in your capital investments.