The University offers many different forms of support to students to help them in their studies, quality of life and general wellbeing.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
The following resources are specifically for our Indigenous students and are aimed at supporting them in the transition into tertiary study.
- Cadigal Alternative Entry Program an access and support program for Indigenous students who want to study at the University
- Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) provides one-on-one or private group tuition to aid students in their tertiary studies
- Academic Skills workshop program A two week program designed to equip new Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander undergraduates with essential skills for tertiary studies
These resources are available for all current students.
- Student support services these services include access to counselling, child care, and pastoral care; support for students with disabilities, and help with finances, careers and accommodation.
- University health service on campus access to a group of doctors
- Student life information on all the things you can do on campus, including playing sport, taking part in social activities and getting a bite to eat
The Koori Centre welcomes enquiries from potential students considering Indigenous-related postgraduate research at the University of Sydney and with the Koori Centre.
We also encourage Australian Indigenous graduates considering enrolling in postgraduate degrees by research at the University of Sydney to contact us.
Phone: (02) 9036 9213 or (02) 9351 2046
Toll Free: 1800 622 742
Fax: (02) 9351 6923