The University of Sydney offers many different forms of support to students to help them in their studies, quality of life and general well being. For more information, visit Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Prospective Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
The following resources are specifically for supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in the transition into tertiary study:
- Cadigal Alternative Entry Program an access and support program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who wish to study at the University of Sydney
- Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) provides one-on-one or private group tuition to aid students in their tertiary studies
- Academic Skills workshop program A two week program designed to equip new Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander undergraduates with essential skills for tertiary studies
- Student support services these services include access to counselling, child care, and pastoral care; support for students with disabilities, and help with finances, careers and accommodation.
- Student life information on all the things you can do on campus, including playing sport, taking part in social activities and getting a bite to eat