Degrees and Qualifications
BA LLB UoN BCL Oxf
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
Brief Biographical Details
Ross was appointed to the position of Lecturer in 2012, having previously worked at Sydney Law School in other capacities. In 2010, he completed the Bachelor of Civil Law programme at the University of Oxford. Before travelling to England, he worked as an associate to the Hon Justice Michael Kirby AC CMG of the High Court of Australia and as a Research Assistant at the Victorian Law Reform Commission.
Ross is currently undertaking research for a PhD thesis addressing various matters relating to the work of the High Court of Australia in the field of criminal justice.
- Abbs, R, Cashman, P & Stephens, T, 'Australia' in R Lord, S, Goldberg L Rajamani & J Brunnée (eds), Climate Change Liability: Transnational Law and Practice, Cambridge University Press:UK (2010) 67-111
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Liability in Tort for Damage Arising From Human-Induced Climate Change' in R Lyster (ed), In the Wilds of Climate Law, Australian Academic Press: Australia (2010) 235-271
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Problems and prospects for investors in class action proceedings’ in K Lindgren (ed), Investor Class Actions, Ross Parsons Centre of Corporate and Taxation Law, University of Sydney: Sydney (2009) 61-100
- Abbs, R, ‘The law of fixtures: Informed principle or independent predilection?’ (2004) 11(1) Australian Property Law Journal 31-43
- Abbs, R, ‘Case Note: Markarian v The Queen (2005) 228 CLR 357’ (2008) 10(1) Newcastle Law Review 135-156
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Problems and Prospects for Victims of Cartels: The Strengths and Limitations of Representative and Class Action Proceedings’ presented at Competition Law Conference, Sydney, 23 May 2009
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Problems and Prospects for Investors in Class Action Proceedings’ presented at Investor Class Actions Conference, Sydney, 10 March 2009
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Tort Liability for Loss or Damage Arising From (Human-Induced) Climate Change’ presented at the Climate Change Litigation Roundtable, Sydney law School, 28 February 2009
- Cashman, P & Abbs, R, ‘Torts and Environmental Law’ presented at Beyond Environmental Law Conference, Sydney, 27 February 2007