Australian Centre for Climate and Environmental Law (ACCEL)
The objectives of the Centre are to encourage, promote and support innovative and important scholarship including teaching, research, consultancy and public interest advocacy in all areas of environmental law and policy. These objectives are pursued within the University of Sydney, with other related Centres and institutions in Australia and overseas, with the legal profession, and with the wider community.
Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law - Submissions by 5pm, 28 March 2014
The Editor-in-Chief of the Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law (APJEL), is currently seeking submissions for Volume 17 (2014) of the Journal. read more
APJEL - Volume 16 (2013)
ACCEL are pleased to announce that Volume 16 (2013) of the Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law has been released: please refer to the Table of Contents
- 2014 Subscription Rates and Order Form for print copies only is now available.
- The Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law (1996 – present) is now available online: For information please refer to the APJEL web page.
ACCEL news bulletin
- Academic Position advertised: Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Environmental Law
- Work with internationally renowned colleagues at Sydney Law School
- Progressive and globally focused law school
- Two full-time continuing positions, remuneration package: $107K - $174Kp.a. (which includes leave loading and up to 17% super)
Successful candidates will: hold, or have made significant progress towards obtaining, a postgraduate law degree, demonstrating specialist knowledge in Environmental Law; have a proven track record of original legal research in Environmental Law, demonstrated by publication in refereed academic journals and leading Environmental Law texts; be capable of effective teaching in Environmental Law at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels; demonstrated talent and enthusiasm for teaching one of the compulsory law subjects in the LLB and JD programs, such as torts, contracts, and administrative/public law; have an interest in and ability to contribute to the activities of ACCEL.
Applications close 6 April 2014
For more information click here
- Book Launch: Asia-Pacific Disaster Management: Socio-Legal and Comparative Perspectives - The book will be launched by The Hon Robert McClelland, former federal Attorney-General and Minister for Emergency Services on 18 March 2014. More information
- 2013: ACCEL News - October 2012 - August 2013
- 2012: ACCEL News - January-September 2012
- 2010-2011:ACCEL News - June 2010-July 2011
- 2010: ACCEL News - January-June 2010
- 2009:ACCEL News - Semester 1 2009 | ACCEL News - Semester 2 2009