Australian Centre for Climate and Environmental Law (ACCEL)
The objectives of the Centre are to encourage, promote and support innovative and important scholarship including teaching, research, consultancy and public interest advocacy in all areas of environmental law and policy. These objectives are pursued within the University of Sydney, with other related Centres and institutions in Australia and overseas, with the legal profession, and with the wider community.
Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law - Submissions invited
APJEL - Volume 17 (2014)
ACCEL are pleased to announce that Volume 17 (2014) of the Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law has been released: please refer to the Table of Contents
- Please refer to the 2015 Subscription Rates and Order Form for print copies only.
- The Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law (1996 – present) is now available online: For information please refer to the APJEL web page.
- As part of the World Parks Congress held at Sydney Olympic Park in November the Australian Centre for Climate and Environmental Law at the Sydney Law School and the University of Sydney Institute of Marine Science are conducting a mock case on marine issues. More information and registration
- ACCEL Newsletter - November 2014
- Associate Professor Stephens was successful in his application for an Australian Research Council (ARC) Research Fellowship, one of only three that were successful in the discipline of Law for 2014. Tim's project will examine how international law deals with environmental systems in the Anthropocene: the current geological epoch defined by human interference with Earth's biophysical systems.
- In July, Sydney Law School is offering the world’s first postgraduate Climate Disaster Law unit of study. The unit will be taught at Clare College, University of Cambridge under the auspices of the Sydney Law School in Europe program.