Environmental Law Programs
Sydney Law School, University of Sydney offer the following courses in Environmental Law:
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law
- Details also available in Sydney Law School in Europe - Timetable and Unit Descriptions
Offshore Postgraduate Units of Study
- Climate Disaster Law - The Sydney Law School in Europe Program offers a unique opportunity for students to undertake a fully credited Sydney Law School elective unit of study in Cambridge during the mid-year break. Following a very successful unit; New Technologies, Risk and Environmental Law in 2013, the unit LAWS6320 Climate Disaster Law is open to a limited number of eligible Postgraduate and final year Juris Doctor students.
The Sydney Law School in Europe Program offered a unique opportunity for students to undertake a fully-credited Sydney Law School comparative unit of study in the centre of Amsterdam at the prestigious Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences, during the mid-year break. 'New Technologies, Risk and Environmental Law' was offered on an intensive basis over four days in July. Students were taught by Professor Han Somsen, Vice Dean of Tilburg School of Law and Professor Rosemary Lyster, Sydney Law School.
Comparative Climate Law : In July 2012 'Comparative Climate Law' was taught under the auspices of Sydney Law School’s LLM in Europe program. It was co-taught by Professor Rosemary Lyster and Dr Leonardo Massai at the Monash Centre in Prato, Italy.
Sustainable Development Law in China: In July 2012 ‘Sustainable Development Law in China' was conducted by Emeritus Professor Ben Boer and Dr Stefan Gruber in collaboration with the Research Institute of Environmental Law of Wuhan University in Hubei Province.