8th Annual ANZSOC Postgraduate Conference
Tuesday, 30th September 2014
The 8th Annual ANZSOC Postgraduate (PG) Conference will be held at the Sydney Law School the day before the main ANZSOC conference. The conference is a free event and is a great opportunity to network with fellow postgraduate and early career researchers as well as more senior academics and professionals in the field of criminology.
It will incorporate a number of sessions led by academics and practitioners focused on issues relevant to individuals in the early stages of their research careers, including
- Academic and non-academic writing and publication
- Working through a research thesis
- Making a career of criminological research
The conference will also host poster presentations and short (5 minutes maximum) research paper presentations. Only posters will be eligible for the Monash University Postgraduate Prize. In the tradition of previous postgraduate and early career research conferences we will also be heading out to dinner. This will be at your own cost, although we will ensure this an affordable venue.
To attend the Postgraduate Conference, please email conference organiser: , with the following details:
- Full name
- Whether you wish to present a research paper and/or poster. If so please include the title of the research you wish to present and attach an abstract of no more than 200 words. If you wish to present the same study both orally and as a poster only one abstract is required.
- Whether you wish to attend the PG conference dinner (limited numbers available so get in quick!)
- Any dietary requirements for catering purposes
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 31st July 2014. If a large number of abstracts for research presentations are received, priority will be given to those abstracts outlining original quality research findings. We will be notifying delegates of the outcome of abstract submission by 7th August 2014.
The deadline to register your attendance at the conference is 31st August 2014
We look forward to seeing you there!