Sydney Institute of Criminology
The Sydney Institute of Criminology is a research centre based in the Sydney Law School specialising in criminology, criminal justice and criminal law. It is a commercial publishing house producing the international research journal Current Issues in Criminal Justice and the Institute of Criminology book series. Institute staff teach the Masters and Graduate Diploma in Criminology at the Sydney Law School and the Institute is committed to public and professional education more broadly. Staff of the Institute advise government and private organisations on matters of crime law and policy and sit on a range of public sector committees and advisory boards.
- Repository of Institute records now available online
- Professor Judy Cashmore and Associate Professor Rita Shackel contribute to major report for the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Associate Professor Arlie Loughnan in The Conversation: 'The drugs made me do it: can prescription side-effects be an excuse for crime?'
- Dr Garner Clancey receives ANZSOC's Adam Sutton Crime Prevention Award
- Former Director of NSW Public Prosecutions Nicholas Cowdery Discusses Child Sexual Abuse Trials on Radio National
|Sydney Institute of Criminology 50th Anniversary Celebration||