Sydney Law School in Europe

Latest News

The Sydney Law School conducts Australia’s leading postgraduate program in law. It has earned an international reputation for the quality and breadth of its programs. Since 1998, the Law School has postgraduate coursework units in:

Humboldt Law School, Berlin
Robinson College, Cambridge
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
Clare College, Cambridge

The program offers a wide range of subjects taught by specialist academics from Sydney Law School and from our international faculty. Students can combine study in Europe with study in Australia, or complete the entire program in Europe. This unique offshore initiative provides an opportunity for lawyers to obtain a Master of Laws (LLM) and non-lawyers to obtain a Sydney Law School Masters degree with an emphasis on comparative, commercial and international law.

The Sydney Law School Masters degree by coursework contains units taught on an intensive basis – over four or five successive days – with assessment completed at a later time. Coursework can be supplemented by supervised and independent research projects. The Sydney LLM program is well designed for busy lawyers who wish to undertake each unit in a concentrated period of time. Several units are offered every year in Europe with a rolling program of different offerings over three years. Students are also welcome to attend our courses in Shanghai or the wide range of units on offer in Sydney.

The Sydney Law School in Europe program delivers high quality, strongly comparative and accessible units of study. It offers comprehensive teaching of Common Law, Commercial Law, Corporate, Securities & Finance Law, International Law, Intellectual Property, Jurisprudence, Taxation and a variety of other areas. It permits students to tailor study in Australia and in Europe in the manner that suits them best.

Students wishing to complete their degree more quickly may need to come to Sydney to finish their studies. International students intending to study in Sydney on a student visa will need to enrol on a full-time basis (four units of study per semester).