Postgraduate Research Fees

Domestic Students

The Government's Research Training Scheme (RTS) covers the tuition of domestic students if you complete your research degree within the maximum course duration.

You need not apply for an RTS fee exemption as they are awarded automatically. If you take longer than the specified period to complete your degree, you may be liable for tuition fees. For more advice contact us.

For further information see

International Students

International student fees are payable on a semester basis.

Student Services and Amenities Fee

International Fee Rates

2016 Fee per year
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Doctor of Juridical Studies (SJD)
Master of Laws (LLM) by Research
Master of Criminology (MCrim) by Research

Am I a domestic or an international student?

You are a domestic student if you are:

  • An Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
  • A New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens)
  • An Australian permanent resident

You are an international fee-paying student if you hold a permit for temporary entry to Australia.

For example, you are an international fee-paying student if your status is overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat, temporary resident who holds a permit for work purposes, refugee, or a dependent of any of the above.

For more information visit Study.