How to apply - International students
Admission to coursework programs
- Making an application
- Postgraduate Law Timetable & Unit Descriptions
- Course Requirements
- Important dates
Apply Online for the Coursework Program
- Original academic transcripts of all academic qualifications held. Transcripts must contain the date(s) of conferral of qualifications. If the transcripts are not in English, the applicant must provide original translated transcripts in addition to the original transcript. Guidelines for certification of documents
- At least one academic or professional reference
- Copy of passport/ visa details
- Evidence of English proficiency
A non-refundable Application Processing Fee of A$100 must be paid to the International Services Office with each international application submitted. Please see application form for details.
Semester 1: last Friday of October*
Semester 2: last Friday of April*
*The respective deadlines set the minimum time necessary for the application to be properly considered and for the necessary processing to take place. However, late applications may be considered.
If you have undertaken your previous studies in a language other than English, you will need to demonstrate English language proficiency before admission is confirmed. The following tests and scores satisfy the Sydney Law School’s English language requirements for entry to postgraduate programs:
1. IELTS - overall band score of 7.0, with no less than 6.0 in any component.
2. PTE Academic - overall score of 68 with a minimum of 54 in all sections.
Paper Test: 592 plus Test of Written English (TWE) = 4.5
Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) = 96 with a minimum of 19 in the Writing section and a minimum of 17 in the other sections.
Scores more than two years old cannot be accepted.
If you wish to undertake further studies in English prior to studying at the Sydney Law School, you can contact the Centre for English Teaching (CET).