How to apply - Domestic students
Admission to coursework programs
- Self-education expenses
- Making an application
- Coursework application closing dates
- Course transfer application
- Postgraduate Law Timetable & Unit Descriptions
- Course Requirements
- Domestic postgraduate fees
- Important dates
The proposed cap on the amount you can deduct for work-related self-education expenses will NOT be implemented. You can find more information on the Australian Taxation Office website
If you require assistance with making an online application, please contact the Direct Applications Team, Student Centre. For postgraduate law course enquiries, please contact the Postgraduate Team, Sydney Law School.
Please ensure you have all documents required for the application for uploading before commencing the online application process.
- Online Non-Degree application form (Course code: NPLAWLAW-01)
Applicants who are unable to commit to a full award course may pursue postgraduate study on a single unit study basis with assessments (up to 12 credit points). Non-degree study is available to graduates who hold a LLB/JD or a related bachelor's degree. Relevant units may be credited towards an award course upon successful completion. Fee-HELP payment option is not available for non-degree study.
- Online Cross-Institutional application form (Course code: CPLAWLAW-01)
Applicants who are currently enrolled in a Sydney Law School equivalent Master of Laws or specialist master's degree at another University may apply to undertake cross-institutional study. Cross-institutional study is available to graduates who hold a LLB/JD or a related bachelor's degree.
- Entry to a new specialist law course - current students who are seeking a transfer to a new course in another specialist law area e.g. transferring from MIL to MCrim should submit a new application Online Graduate Diploma and Master’s application form.
- #Course upgrade - current graduate diploma students may apply for an upgrade to a relevant embedded master's upon successful completion of the graduate diploma with a 65% credit average. Specialist law students who hold an LLB or JD with a minimum credit average may apply for a transfer to the LLM.
- #Early exit award - current master's students may apply for an early exit and graduate with an embedded graduate diploma.
#Upon publication of the previous semester's results, students may apply online via MyUni. Applications must be made before 10 January (commencing in Semester 1) and 10 July (commencing in Semester 2). All students should continue with their current course until the transfer is approved. If you need to withdraw from units during the transfer period, please ensure you do so before the relevant census date
All supporting documents submitted to the University of Sydney must be official documents to be uploaded for the application. Please refer to Certification of documents guideline for all domestic applications
- Official academic transcripts of all qualifications held. The transcripts must contain all final semester grades, grading information and the course completion/conferral date(s). If the transcripts are not in English, please provide official translated transcripts in addition to the official transcript.
- Proof of Australian/NZ citizenship or Australian permanent resident status certified by a Justice of the Peace
- Statement of relevant experience
- English language proficiency test result (if applicable)
Please review the application guidelines and checklist before making an application.
|Applications open:||Applications close:|
|Semester 2, 2015||9 March 2015||Still open*|
|Semester 1, 2016||1 September 2015||6 November 2015|
* Late applications may be considered. However, some units may have restricted class size and compulsory units may run early in the semester. It is strongly recommended that applicants submit their application on time to avoid disappointment. Please contact the Postgraduate Team for further details.