Masters Degrees and Graduate Diplomas @ Sydney Law School
Welcome from the Dean
I would like to extend a warm welcome to each of you as you embark on postgraduate studies in law. Sydney Law School offers an extensive range of subjects at the postgraduate level enabling our students to develop specialist skills for practice in a globalised legal environment.
An announcement about our 2015 Program will occur soon and some of the new units of study for next year include:
- Fiduciary Duties and Conflicts of Interest with The Hon. Justice Ashley Black
- Crime, Responsibility and Policy with Associate Professor Thomas Crofts
- Interpretation of Statutes and Other Texts with Chloe Burnett, Selborne Chambers, Sydney
- International Payments Law with Professor Benjamin Geva, Osgoode Hall Law School, Canada
- Trade Regulation, Health and the Environment with Dr Benn McGrady, Georgetown University Law School
We will continue to offer units that are in high demand such as Anti-Terrorism Law (taught by Professor Ben Saul); Fundamentals of Finance Law (Professor Sheelagh McCracken); and International Commercial Arbitration (Professor Luke Nottage).
Our offshore program provides an opportunity to experience overseas study in Asia and Europe. We will continue to deliver the South East Asia Winter School in Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as units of study in China and Japan. Our Sydney Law School in Europe Program is set to continue, in locations including Cambridge, Berlin and London.
Many of our subjects will be taught intensively, with the majority delivered at our state-of-the-art building on the University’s Camperdown Campus. We teach some of our professional units in the city at our St James campus on Philip Street. We have plans for redeveloping that site, so we are looking forward to newly refurbished city premises for our evening classes.
Professor Joellen Riley
Dean, Sydney Law School