Peer Mentoring Program for LLB and JD Students
The Peer Mentoring Program will help you to settle into the faculty by:
- Meeting other students
- Building networks and study groups
- Understanding the University and Law school
- Taking part in free social and academic activities
The mentor will be a more senior student who will work with a group of 5-10 mentees. The aim will be to try and match you with a mentor who is in a similiar program of study. All mentors and mentees will meet at launch events for new students to be held in February. The mentor will help you by:
- giving you information about all the services on campus
- organising two mentoring group activities and introducing you to other students
- inviting you to social and academic events
- giving you general information about life in Sydney
- providing someone you can talk to about your experiences and studies
The mentor is not responsible for:
- give you academic advice
What do I need to do to be part of the program?
An enrolment form will be available for you to complete when you enrol in your law subjects in January.
Or you can enrol online in January.
To gain the most from the program you are strongly encouraged to:
- Attend the launch events so you can meet your mentor and the other new students in your group (about 5-10 students per group).
- Meet face-to-face with your mentor and the group at least twice in the first five weeks of semester.
- Attend the social and academic events. Information on these events will be sent via email.
For more information, please contact the Mentoring Program Coordinator