Combined Law - The Sydney LLB - Professional Recognition
Completion of the Sydney LLB will lead to admission to practice law in New South Wales.
Additional requirements must be met before a Law graduate can practice as a lawyer in NSW. Information on these requirements is available from The Legal Profession Admission Board.
If you intend to practice in another State or overseas, you must consult the relevant professional body or equivalent to determine whether the Sydney LLB is acceptable as a legal qualification. It is not the responsibility of the Sydney Law School to do so.
Practising Law in Australia - Useful Links
New South Wales
- Legal Profession Admission Board (LPAB)
- The College of Law
- Admissions Consultative Committee (LACC)
The LACC website contains useful information and links on practical legal training, admissions and useful documents for all Australian jurisdictions.
- The Law Society of NSW
- The New South Wales Bar Association
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
Northern Territory (NT)
Practising Law Overseas - Useful Links
- National Conference of Bar Examiners
- American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
- The National Conference of Bar Examiners Guide to Bar Admission Requirements
- New York State Board of Law Examiners Foreign Legal Education requirements
- The New York State Board of Law Examiners
England and Wales
- Notes on Applications for Certificate of Exemption from the Common Professional Examination
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- The Law Society of England and Wales