Postgraduate Law @ Sydney - How to apply

Making an application

Domestic Students >>

You should apply as a Domestic student, if you are:

  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen,
  • a permanent resident of Australia, or
  • a holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.

International Students >>

You should apply as an International student if you are NOT:

  • an Australian citizen,
  • a New Zealand citizen,
  • a dual citizen of any country with Australia or New Zealand, or
  • a permanent resident of Australia.

If you meet any of these criteria you are considered to be a domestic student.

You are an International student if you hold a permit for temporary entry to Australia. For example, if your status is: overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat, temporary resident holding a work permit, refugee, a dependant of any of the above, etc.