Information for authors
- Manuscripts may be submitted by email to the cc to Justine Bashford. We prefer documents in the latest version of Word.
- The Sydney Law Review does not consider articles which have been either submitted to, or substantially published in, any other publication. This policy includes online publication of a finished piece, but does not cover exposure or comment drafts of pieces that have been substantially rewritten since.
- All submissions are assessed by at least one academic referee with expertise in the relevant field, as well as by all members of the Sydney Law Review Editorial Board. The process usually takes between 8 and 12 weeks. Authors are notified immediately of the board's decision. Please be aware that there can sometimes be delays if reviews come in late.
- Please note: Our preferred length is 8000–12 000 words (including footnotes). Articles over 12 000 words in length (including footnotes) are less likely to be accepted for publication. Articles over 16 000 words (including footnotes) will not be considered.
- Submissions must include an abstract of 100–200 words.
- The text and citations must conform to the Australian Guide to Legal Citation (3rd edition), which can be accessed as a read only PDF here.
- The author's name should appear at the beginning, under the title of the article. After the author's name an asterisked footnote should be added, giving the author's present position. Uncommon abbreviations should be explained, and footnotes numbered consecutively. The Sydney Law Review is committed to the use of gender-neutral language.
- Before the High Court Guidelines and Book Review Guidelines are available below.
- Copyright of articles published in the Sydney Law Review is vested in the Sydney Law Review and its contributors. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, no article or part may be reproduced by any process without written permission. Inquiries should be directed to the .
- All authors are required to sign an author agreement prior to publication.
Revised: 2 May 2013
|University of Sydney Language Guidelines||URL|
|Book Review Guidelines|
|Before the High Court - Guidelines|