Law Staff Resources
- IT Issues
- Staff Email - Exchange
- Faculty of Law Telephones
- University Phone Book
- WriteSite a elearning resource which will make it easier for staff to help students achieve excellence in academic writing.
- eLearning (LMS) support
- New Law School Room Booking Schedule for faculty spaces only and is restricted to faculty use. To book room/s please email booking details to . For general teaching spaces, please visit The University of Sydney Venue Collection.
- Audio Visual Help Video
- Emergency Procedures for Staff, Student and Visitors (381kb, PDF) – further details available from Facilities Team
- Staff Card Benefits Program
- New Law School Teaching Annexure
· Phone x16000
· News & Outages
· Self service portal
· Your UniKey account is your personal key to access the online services and e-facilities provided to staff and students of the University of Sydney.
· Login set up for visitors, casuals and new staff will be managed by Margot Harris and David Corey as part of the standard set up and induction process
· If you require access to a group file (such as Finance Team folder, Academic Support Team Folder, Centre folder), please contact Margot Harris
· Limit 1GB – will receive email notification warning if reaching this limit.
· Enterprise Vault - an E-Mail storage application used in conjunction with your Microsoft Exchange Mailbox to help you to manage your University E-Mail. Enterprise Vault also allows you to access your archived E-Mail items via Outlook Web Access whilst using Internet Explorer.
· Staff Email - Exchange
· Staff Email Guides – Outlook 2003
· How to access your work when you're away from your desk
· When you require a replacement toner for an individual office printer, contact Katrina Thomas (from Academic Support).
Ordering of new equipment
· Academics ordering any new equipment (such as printer, laptops, etc) paid through their Research Development Funds should contact the Facilities Team to arrange. The team will liaise with ICT to place the order and have equipment configured when it is delivered. The procurement team from ICT will provide technical advice on equipment and appropriate models. These enquiries will initially be directed through the Facilities team in order to have one signal point of contact between ICT and the Faculty on procurement matters.
Borrowing a faculty laptop
· Several laptops are available – contact the Facilities Team.
· Learn about the Audio Visual systems
· Audio Visual Services
· Further information: contact Andy Netherington (Facilities & Technical Officer)
· The above relates to the New Law Building, for St James Campus contact Andy Netherington.
- Faculty of Law Telephone Directory (148kb, PDF)
- CISCO IP Phone 7945 Handset User Guide
- Voicemail Guide
- To access your voicemail from your mobile phone or another landline, please call (02) 8627 9999 and press * at the announcement to enter in your ID (ext) and password.
- To send an international fax from the photocopiers, enter “0” (for outside line), then “0015” followed by country code, area code and relevant number.
The WriteSite is a elearning resource which will make it easier for staff to help students achieve excellence in academic writing.
A Humanities and Social Sciences initiative relevant to the broader University community, the WriteSite provides immediate feedback that allows the student user to reflect on what they have learned and practice their skills.
The three modules, Grammar, Sources and Structure, support students from a variety of disciplines, at a range of degree stages and at all levels of English language proficiency.
The WriteSite content was prepared by the University’s Learning Centre, under the direction of the Project Director, Dr Nerida Jarkey, Director of Learning and Teaching, Humanities and Social Sciences.
A team of educational designers from the eLearning Team (formerly Flexible Online Learning Team - FOLT), led by Project Manager, Sue Atkinson, structured the material and designed the WriteSite’s interactive learning activities.
Log into WriteSite
Mai Stringer, eLearning/LMS Administrator (Online Teaching)
Ph: 9351 0328
Online Learning Resources
- Institute for Teaching and Learning
This site is jam-packed with teaching resources for both online and traditional teaching methods courtesy of the University's Institute for Teaching & Learning
- Sydney eLearning Team
eLearning Workshops, lunchtime seminars and help.
- University of Sydney Library's Course Online Reading Service (CORS)
The University's official repository for the all digitized text-based copyright materials required for student course work providing a centralised service for the submission, processing,scanning, production and copyright management of all readings from books and journals, to be made available online for students to access via eLearning.
- University of Sydney Copyright Website
- Australian Copyright Council's Online Information Centre
- Dr. Gilly Salmon's E-tivities Site
- The University's Unikey Help Page
The teaching space includes: