LAWS6100 - Corporate Fundraising
- Study the disclosure provisions and other requirements of chapter 6D of the Corporations Act, with particular focus on their application to the offer of company shares for issue or sale.
- Consider listed managed investment schemes regulated under the Financial Services Reform Act.
- Examine additional relevant legal requirements, including the ASX Listing Rules, for initial public offerings and other fundraisings.
Legal requirements for offer of company shares for issue or sale; disclosure provisions and other requirements of chapter 6D of the Corporations Act; listed managed investment schemes regulated under the Financial Services Act; ASX listing rules for initial public offerings and other fundraisings.
The unit is taught by lawyers with extensive experience in the field of corporate fundraising.
Semester 2 2013
Wednesday Evenings, 6-8pm
The timetable is subject to frequent changes. Please refer to the latest version of the Postgraduate Timetable.
- 2 x Class Assignments (20%)
- 1 x 2 Hour Open Book Exam (80%)
Presumption of law degree with corporate law knowledge
You can credit this unit towards Legal Professional Development (LPD). Units of study that are part of Sydney Law School’s Postgraduate Program meet the necessary Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) of the Law Society of New South Wales and the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements of the New South Wales Bar Association. You may complete this unit of study by enrolling on a non-degree basis or on an audit basis only with no assessment via Single Unit Enrolment.