LAWS6250 - Controlling Liability by Contract
- Examine the doctrinal, theoretical and practical issues raised by contract risk management.
- Study the control of liability for breach of contract and negligence.
- Consider the operation of the relevant common law and statutory rules in the context of various types of contracts, with particular emphasis on contracts for the provision of services and sale of goods.
Categories of risk; drafting options; protection of third parties; statutory control of risk management devices; contract drafting and management issues.
Semester 1 2013
Monday Evenings, 6-8pm
The timetable is subject to frequent changes. Please refer to the latest version of the Postgraduate Timetable.
- 1 x Compulsory Essay (25%)
- 1 x Exam or 1 x Long Essay (75%)
Undergraduate law degree.
You can credit this unit towards Legal Professional Development (LPD). Units of study that are part of Sydney Law School’s Postgraduate Program meet the necessary Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) of the Law Society of New South Wales and the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements of the New South Wales Bar Association. You may complete this unit of study by enrolling on a non-degree basis or on an audit basis only with no assessment via Single Unit Enrolment.