Using Social Media within Tertiary Education
More and more the audiences for your message are looking beyond traditional media for their information and many are going to social media. If you are to survive in this splintering media environment you need new capabilities in social and traditional media. This course will help you get you message out to internal and external audiences through social media channels.
Using Social Media within Tertiary Education will teach you the basics of telling your story. It will explain social media through narratives and explain how everyday technologies can be easily used to create distinctive and effective social media messages within tertiary education.
All staff interested in engaging with social media.
In this program participants will learn to:
- Understand what is social media
- Explore "what works" and why in social media messages
- Analyse the audiences for social media
- Create a "treatment" for a social message
- Explore and make a social media production
To be confirmed
9.00am - 4.30pm
Ground floor, Bligh Building (L03B)
90 Carillon Avenue, Newtown
Sydney University Village
- Dates to be confirmed for 2011.