The Orientation seminar runs from 9.00am until 1.00pm. After the seminar, you are invited to stay for a sandwich lunch and to visit the various stands of the information fair from 1.00pm until 1.45pm.
The information fair is staffed by representatives from the various units and teams that offer support and resources to new starters. It is a chance for you to speak to people who can help you with some of the questions that you will have about your new role.
The information fair includes representatives from:
- Human Resources - speak to them about superannuation, pay, study leave or any other HR issues.
- Archives and Records Management Services - they can answer your questions about record keeping, privacy or Freedom of Information.
- Libraries - to assist you in navigating the services available to you.
- Sydnovate - to help you realise the potential of your research at the University.
- University Publishing Service - to provide you with printing and stationery services.
- Other units from time to time - to share topical information of interest to new staff.