The Orientation seminar runs from 9.00am until 1.00pm. After the seminar, you are invited to stay for a sandwich lunch and to visit the various stands of the information fair from 1.00pm until 1.45pm.
The information fair is staffed by representatives from the various units and teams that offer support and resources to staff within the University. It is a chance for you to speak to people who can help you with some of the questions that you may have about your new role.
The information fair includes representatives from:
- Human Resources - speak to them about superannuation, pay, study leave or any other HR issues.
- Archives and Records Management Services - they can answer your questions about record keeping, privacy or Freedom of Information.
- Libraries - to assist you in navigating the services available to you.
- The Research Portfolio - to help you realise the potential of your research at the University.
- Smart Salary - to assist you in making the most of your options as a staff member to save money through leasing and salary sacrificing.
- Injury Management - for advice on services and training available to you in preventing injury and ensuring workplace safety.
- NTEU & CPSU - for information about the union memberships available at the University.
- Other units from time to time - to share topical information of interest to new staff.